4/17/13

- A CHAT WITH EPTIC -



The Belgian Dubstep master

We were lucky enough to have a little chat with the man himself. So check out the interview and promo video for his new EP below!

 



Q -  The last little while has been crazy for you and Never Say Die. Can you fill us in with some of your highlights? Have you been places and done things that you wouldn't have expected?

A The word "crazy" doesn't even do it anymore.  Last year has been mental!  I've been traveling so much and talking to so many people I look up to.  Highlights were playing for 6000 people at Rampage in Belgium, making music with different producers I love, and doing New Year's Eve in Canada!  I'm sure my tour of Australia will be crazy as well!

Q Tell us about the Bass music scene you've experienced. Where is it huge and where is it behind?

A Most parties are mental!  I don't really have a place that I dislike.  Belgium, France and Canada were the highlights of this year.

Q Whats program and plug-ins are you using to write your tunes?
 
 A I use Ableton and most plugins that are built into it. I also use Massive for almost everything synth related, and I can't live without the transient shaper from Shaack Audio anymore.


Q If you had to describe your sound in 3 words, what would they be???

A Golden disco dolphin. 

Q Tell us one artist/band/DJ, dead or alive, that you would do anything to see live...

 A I would love to travel back in time and see an early Beastie Boys show.  Those guys are my heroes.  I would love to catch a Daft Punk show as well!

Q Who's the new hot talent of 2013?

AFor me, I would say The Frim.  I don't know what that bastard is up to, but he's got my attention!

Q When can we expect you in Aus again?

A I'm coming to Australia later this week!  I'll be playing shows in Melbourne (April 19), Sydney (April 24) and Perth (April 27)!  I'm very excited!  The Aussie crowd is mental!

Q -  Who is one artist that you would love to colaberate with?

A - Original Sin or Doctor P. I can't decide!

Q -  What's your favourite track on your iPod right now?

A - "Childhood Memories" by Rockwell featuring Kito & Sam Frank. 

Q - Who do you listen to for inspiration?

A - I mostly listen to disco songs in my spare time, to be honest...ha ha ha!
      When it comes to electronic music, Original Sin and DJ Hazard are still my main inspiration.

Q - . And finally, what's next for Eptic???

A - I have a new EP coming out called "Mastermind" on May 6th, and I have two tracks ("Deathray" and "Gutter") on the Never Say Die compilation CD which comes out on April 21st.  I'm also working on a ridiculous amount of collaborations and new songs!  So keep an eye out for my new material over the next few weeks!

No comments:

Powered by Textbook Widget